These past months have been some of the slowest months in the history of our filthy presence in the blogoshpere. First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US. It is our second birthday and we are relaunching with more enthusiasm than ever. We admit to having missed some quality slaps and sincerely apologize for not sharing these with you. Due to technical issues and lack of funds, Filthy Slaps went down for a period of time. We are now back and looking to be better than ever. We have a clean new lay out and plan on making the site run quicker and more efficiently. As a welcome back gift we would like to present you with some new features.
1. Coverage x Interviews: We will now be providing you with more interviews and albums than you will know what to do with. With several new photographer’s added to the team, we expect to be presenting you with coverage and interviews potentially multiple times a month. Be sure to check out our most recent interview with Fashawn!
2. Swag: We are legitimately looking to drop some dope Filthy Slaps apparel and want your ideas as to what we should make! Let us know on Facebook, Twitter, or in the comments section below!
3. A Playlist: Below you can find a brand new playlist, filled with some throwbacks and some newer songs that if you haven’t heard you are really missing out on. To make it easier on you as the listener, we are allowing you to pick and choose which tracks to download (but you should download all of them as they were hand picked and each are equally impressive). We hope that this playlist will hopefully resolve any frustration or anger you have with us for leaving you! Be sure to download it right away because it’s filthy and free!
Thank you so much for sticking with us through thick and thin and we appreciate all support you are willing to give us. Please share this post or if you prefer just the playlist so Filthy Slaps can climb its way back into the scene. Stay filthy my friends and be sure to keep checking back as posting will soon be in full swing.
It’s that time of year again where bikinis become more abundant and the music sounds just that much sweeter. Last years summer playlist was a huge hit, receiving more downloads than any other playlist. This year we decided to bring you the SUMMER 2012 PLAYLIST, which is equally magnificent as last years or perhaps even better. After much debate, we have decided to upload the playlist as a batch download meaning you must download it as a whole. BUT WAIT… before you blow off the download of a lifetime, please let me explain why we have decided to do this. (Or you can just trust me and download it HERE.)
1. This is a playlist, therefor the songs are strategically ordered to ensure the best summer parties, beach days, and road trips.
2. IT’S FREE. Why wouldn’t you download it… it’s better than any free download you’ve got in the past as well.
3. It takes the same amount of time to download as a regular track so you will have it in your iTunes in a matter of seconds.
4. Every single one of these tracks was selected based off of what YOU like, therefore you will enjoy every single song.
5. YOLO (Just kidding… but actually.)
Now that you know why we have decided to make it a batch download, click HERE to download the Summer 2012 Playlist. Let us know what you think of the playlist on our Facebook. Much love.
Today marks the one year anniversary of Filthy Slaps. A little over one year ago the idea was sparked to start a music blog. Within two days of the idea being brought up, a layout was drawn out, a name was chosen, and the domain was launched. On April 24th 2011 the site was launched and that was the start of a journey.
First off we would like to thank all of the people who have been there with us from the start. Those who believed in our goal to provide free promotion for unsigned artists all over the world are the ones who have gotten us this far. With over 2,000 facebook fans and 4,000 twitter followers, we are ecstatic to provide links to this wide variety of people daily.
Check out the one year playlist below the post! It features some of our most popular tracks from the past year. Feel free to browse and download the ones you like best.
Now that we have reached this one year mark, we plan to continue serving as a source for providing fans with free new music and relatively unknown artists with a way of getting their music shared with a new audience. We are happy to share that in the VERY near future we have some big plans for Filthy Slaps. These plans will include the following:
1. Filthy Threads: We have been lagging on Filthy Slaps clothing for quite some time now but as we speak we are working with a designer to bring you some of the filthiest threads out there. This will eventually include the likes of Tee’s, Tanks, Snap-backs, and of course the infamous booty shorts.
2. More contributors: Currently we only have two full time authors and one part time author who provide you with music and news articles daily. Currently we are talking with multiple talented individuals who plan to provide you with endless music and stories. More contributors = More music = More happy. If this interests you, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “I Want In.” We will hit you back ASAP and check out your qualifications.
3. Expanding: Filthy Slaps plans to expand to become an LLC. The basic idea behind this is we are currently a caterpillar in it’s cocoon, once we incorporate we will be a butterfly with endless opportunities. (Metaphor’s for the win.)
4. Concerts: Our plan is to throw at least triple the amount of concerts we threw last year (which was only one) and get artists that YOU want to see. Let us know on our FB page what artist you want to see and in what city so we can make it happen.
The project’s mentioned above are a 100% guarantee (unless 2012 does happen). Our goals are a whole different story. The goals listed below are what we hope to accomplish in this upcoming year. Only you can help us complete them… The goals will include the following:
1. 10,000 Facebook likes: This may seem like a stretch seeing as we racked up only a quarter of that total this first year BUT we truly believe this next year will be the year Filthy Slaps goes viral. With all the projects we have in mind, you’ll have no choice but to like us!
2. One hundred Thousand Views in One Month for Three Months: We would like to see a three month period in which we hit 100k views each month. Very doable and I truly believe it will happen.
3. A Purchase in Every State: We would love to know there is at least one piece of Filthy Slaps apparel in every single one of the 50 states. Once we get the official merch up, we’ll be on our way.
Now that you know our plan and our goals and you have been reading for quite some time now, here is our gift to you. A playlist like none other… it includes all of our top picks from year one along with all of the songs all of you decided to listen to and download the most. No theme for this playlist, just loads of good music. A batch download is available as well as an option to listen to each song one by one and pick and choose.
On a final note, we’d like to give you one last thank you for everything! We hope you have enjoyed this year of filth just as much as we have. Much Love.
This playlist was made out of appreciation for one specific day of the year. All the music on this album has one specific theme (hmmm… I wonder what that is?) that I’m sure many of you can relate to on the sunny Friday afternoon of the twentieth of April. This playlist may not cure the extreme hunger you are suffering from right now, but in all honesty this playlist is about as chill as it gets. A wide variety of artists including big shots like Wiz and Snoop and some under dogs such as Aer and Tayyib Ali rep the 4/20 vibe throughout this 10 song masterpiece. You can choose to download each song one by one OR you can download the entire tape here. For now download whatever pleases your ears and then feel free to participate in some illegal activities while listening to some Filthy Slaps. Tell us what you think in the comments below or on our Facebook Page.
Happy Valentines! or maybe to some of you not so much… either way this 5 track playlist should improve your day! These aren’t love songs, no worries. They are love slaps (much doper and less girly), and you must check out all 5 of them. We’ve got a couple throwbacks and even a song that was released today so check ALL of them out and download them one by one! I hope you enjoy this playlist as much as I do.